Tuesday, November 30, 2021
No police on Michigan Avenue as they are either suspended for failure to vacinate or detailed to guard Bettlejuice's house
The hits just keep on coming for the Mag Mile’s high-end retailers as another shoplifting mob made off with over $60,000 worth of merchandise during an afternoon raid Monday.
And, CWBChicago has learned, the 18th (Near North) Police District that serves the area will be just a little less prepared to handle problems as CPD suspended four of its officers Monday for refusing to report their COVID vaccine status.
Around 4:40 p.m. Monday, four or five ski-masked men entered the Burberry store, 633 North Michigan, and began gathering purses from the luxury retailer’s display shelves, according to a CPD report.
The crew plowed into a customer who tried to keep the store’s door closed as they ran for the exit.
They escaped eastbound on Erie Street in a stolen car with about $67,000 worth of merchandise, according to initial estimates.
Groups of organized raiders have repeatedly struck boutiques along Michigan Avenue, Rush Street, and Oak Street this year, with purses being a favorite target. According to sources, the teams sell the bags, which retail for thousands of dollars each, online and on the black market.
Just a couple of hours after Burberry was struck, CPD issued a community alert to warn retailers about another ongoing problem: Late-night burglaries by groups of thieves who’ve broken into Mag Mile retailers to steal large volumes of merchandise.
The break-ins and shoplifting raids are happening despite CPD leaders’ best efforts to tamp down on crime by deploying extra resources to the area.
And those overnight burglars will have fewer cops to worry about in the 18th District. Four cops assigned to the graveyard shift in the district were stripped and put on no-pay status Monday after they refused to enter their COVID-19 vaccine status into the city’s employee database, a source confirmed.
CWBChicago has also learned that CPD’s total manpower slipped below 12,000 officers in November for the first time in years. About 100 cops left since October alone, according to department data provided by a source.
LSU Tigers hire Brian Kelly away from Notre Dame, to be next coach !
They wouldn't give him more money!
It’s a stunning move by one of the most accomplished coaches in college football jumping from the sport’s most storied program to an SEC powerhouse.
By Ralph D. Russo | Associated Press Nov 29, 2021, 8:48pm CST
Brian Kelly, 60, became the winningest coach in Notre Dame history this season, surpassing Knute Rockne. In 12 seasons, Kelly is 113-40. Scott Taetsch/Getty Images
LSU is hiring Brian Kelly away from Notre Dame, a stunning move by one of the most accomplished coaches in college football, jumping from the sport’s most storied program to an SEC powerhouse.
By AP NEWS
Published November 29, 2021 10:28PM
Jussie Smollett trial: Jury picked, opening statements begin
Jussie Smollett "is a real victim" of a "real crime," his attorney said in opening statements at the ex-"Empire" actor’s trial Monday.
CHICAGO - Testimony is set to begin Tuesday in the trial of ex-"Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, who prosecutors say staged a homophobic and racist attack in Chicago but whose defense attorney says is "a
Here is a helpful infographic from one of our leading propagandist outfits backed by an influential oligarch.
The Christmas Parade Massacre had to written of. There was no getting around it. The absence of a story in a major source of what some call “news” would have been noted. It would have been wondered at. But coming, as this story does, right after the Rittenhouse acquittal, propagandists had to be careful.
They had to say what happened without saying, or even hinting at, why it happened.
Step one was to issue a headline: “Here’s what we know so far on the sequence of events that led to the
Monday, November 29, 2021
Why we SHOULDN'T be worried about Omicron – as top doctor says it could be a GOOD thing if the variant spreads through the community
In my post yesterday I foresaw that Omicron could be a sort of natural vaccine, doing us minimal harm while protecting us for more dangerous strains of Covid. I am pleased to see that others have now drawn similar conclusions
One of Australia's top doctors says the country may actually want the new Omicron variant of Covid-19 to spread as he warns the nation not to panic.
Dr Nick Coatsworth said early reports from southern Africa suggested the new strain may spread communities faster, but the symptoms were far milder in vaccinated patients.
'If this is milder than Delta you actually want it to spread within your community,' the former
Sunday, November 28, 2021
Saturday, November 27, 2021
Friday, November 26, 2021
Thursday, November 25, 2021
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
Federal Reserve Encourages Americans to Replace Thanksgiving Turkeys With Soybean Products
To combat soaring meat price inflation.
JasonOndreicka via Getty Images
“Between 1990 and the time of this writing, the average global price of poultry has been 6 times higher than the price of soybeans,” reports the St. Louis Fed.
“As of the third quarter of 2021, a hearty Thanksgiving dinner serving of turkey costs $1.42. A tofurkey (soybean) dinner serving with the same amount of calories costs $0.66 and provides almost twice as much protein. Keep in mind that this plant-based meal would be almost 3 times larger by weight than the poultry-based meal and may either keep you at the dinner table longer or provide you with more leftovers.”
The mainstream media is also encouraging Americans to “curtail their purchases of animal protein.”
“Meatless Mondays could soon be followed by Tofu Tuesdays, at least among more frugal shoppers,” reported CBS News.
“It’s getting harder by the day not to think our globalist overlords are intentionally causing meat prices to rise so we’ll all be forced to eat bugs, weeds and drink sewage,” remarked Chris Menahan.
In Communist China, up until well into the 80’s, things like beef were a rare treat to be enjoyed only on special occasions.
If the technocrats get their way, America would be heading in the same direction.
Monday, November 22, 2021
Hundreds protest acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse as Jesse Jackson warns verdict sets a ‘dangerous precedent’
“We have the right, the constitutional right, to march,” Jackson said at the rally Saturday. “He has the constitutional right to object. He does not have the right to kill us.”
By Madeline Kenney Nov 20, 2021, 7:58pm CST
The Rev. Jesse Jackson marches with hundreds of of people on Saturday in the Loop to protest a verdict by a Wisconsin jury that found teenager Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty on all counts in the shooting of three men — two of them fatally — during a protest last year in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Pat Nabong/Sun-Times
Hundreds more people gathered Saturday for a rally at Federal Plaza before hitting the streets to denounce the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse a day earlier on murder and attempted murder charges that
BY JEFFREY TUCKER
Last night I did my usual grocery run. I don’t shop at stores with philosophies. I go for el cheapo places that don’t have olive bars and don’t play Schubert on the intercom. I just want the stuff I need at the lowest possible prices. Even I was stunned at the 40% increase in my usual bill. I thought I was buying in a minimalist way.
Later I looked more carefully at what went wrong. I bought beef and bacon. Beef price increases are now at double-digit rates, and bacon is even higher. You are paying much more per pound than one year ago. Pork and chicken are less, but that could change.
Turkeys are in short supply for Thanksgiving. It will be the most expensive Thanksgiving meal in our
WAUKESHA - A treasured rite of the holiday season turned into a scene of bloody, deadly mayhem late Sunday afternoon as a vehicle plowed into the Waukesha Christmas Parade, killing five people and injuring more than 40 others, authorities said.
Shortly before midnight, the City of Waukesha posted to its Twitter and Facebook accounts revised casualty totals.
"At this time, we can confirm that 5 people are deceased and over 40 are injured," the statement said.
Sunday, November 21, 2021
By Nancy Thorner -
Now that the infrastructure bill has cleared Congress and was signed by President Biden on Monday, Nov. 15, 2021, the House of Representatives is expected to soon vote on Biden’s Anti-family Budget Buster (as described by the FRC headed by Tony Perkins) as early as this week.
According to the Leader of the House Majority Steny Hoyer, a vote on the Biden administration's $1.75T “Build Back Better” social spending bill would take place on Friday, November 19, 2021 at the latest.
H.R. 5376 would most certainly pass the House, but the fate of the bill is far less certain in the Senate, because all Democrat Senators need to support the bill if they want it to pass via simple majority using the budget reconciliation process.
Senate Democrat Joe Manchin is reportedly skeptical about the timing of the bill after he publicly expressed grave concern about the build-up of inflationary pressures in the US economy after last week's higher than expected inflation figures. Reports last week suggested he may favor withholding his support for the bill until 2022, when he hopes the inflation situation will have improved.
Policies to Wreck America
- Perpetuates labor shortage: Continues welfare benefits without work requirements for able-bodied adults without dependents at a time where there are 10.1 million job openings—more openings than there are people looking for work.
- Commissions a climate police: Democrats stuffed $8 billion into the bill to commission a cabal of federally funded climate police called the Civilian Climate Corps (CCC) who will conduct progressive activism on taxpayers’ dime (pages 8, 21, and 926).
- Pushes Green New Deal in our public schools: Requires funding for school construction be used largely on enrollment diversity and Green New Deal agenda items (page 55).
- Pushes Green New Deal in our universities: Democrats include a $10 billion “environmental justice” higher education slush fund to indoctrinate college students and advance Green New Deal policies (page 1,935).
- Forces faith-based child care providers out: The bill blocks the ability of many faith-based providers from participating in the childcare system and will lead to many of their closures (page 280).
- Hurts small and in-home daycares: Requires pre-K staff to have a college degree. (page 303)
- Includes new incentives for illegal immigration: Illegal immigrants will be eligible to take advantage of Democrats’ new ‘free’ college entitlement (page 92) as well be eligible for additional student aid (page 147) and the enhanced child tax credit (page 1,946).
- Includes legislative hull for Biden’s vaccine mandate: Increases OSHA penalties on businesses that fail to implement the mandate up to $700,000 per violation and includes $2.6 billion in funding for the Department of Labor to increase enforcement of these penalties (page 168).
- Gives unions near-total control: The bill includes insane prohibitions that would bind employers’ hands in union disputes and dangerously tilt the balance of power, subjecting employers to penalties that exempt union bosses and officials… among other things this bill would prevent employers from permanently replacing striking workers (page 175). It coerces businesses to meet union boss demands by increasing Fair Labor Standards Act penalties by an astronomical 900% (page 168).
- Makes unions bigger and more powerful: The bill would subsidize union dues that would only serve to strengthen the influence of union bosses and not American workers (page 2323).
- Pushes Democrats’ wasteful and confusing school lunch agenda: $643 million for, among other things, “procuring…culturally appropriate foods” (page 333).
- Furthers radical abortion agenda: Does not include the Hyde amendment and would mandate taxpayers pay for abortions (page 198) & (page 336).
- Drives up costs on Americans’ utility bills: Issues a punitive methane tax (page 367) and includes a tax on natural gas up to $1,500 per ton that could cost the American economy up to $9.1 billion and cost 90,000 Americans their jobs (page 368).
- Includes dangerous & deadly green energy mandate: Effectively forces Americans to get 40% of their energy from wind, solar and other unreliable forms of energy within 8 years (page 392). Reliance on these energy sources has proven deadly.
- Includes kickbacks for the Left’s green energy special interest network: $5 billion for “environmental and climate justice block grants” (page 377) and another $100 billion in green energy special interest subsidies, loans and other carve outs.
- Gives wealthy Americans tax credits: $222 billion in “green energy” tax credits will be given to those who can afford expensive electric vehicles and other “green” innovative products (page 1832).
- Furthers Democrats’ social justice agenda: Includes “equity” initiatives throughout the bill and, in one instance, Democrats inserted “equity” language into a title which should have been focusing on the maintenance of the United States’ cyber security efforts (page 897).
- Grants amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants: House Democrats have included in their reconciliation bill a plan to grant amnesty to around 8 million illegal immigrants at a cost of around $100 billion over ten years that would largely be spent on welfare and other entitlements (page 901). Trillions more would be spent long term on their Social Security and Medicare.
- Opens border even wider: The bill would waive many grounds for immigration inadmissibility, including infection or lack of vaccination status during a Pandemic, failure to attend removal proceedings in previous immigration cases, and the previous renouncement of American citizenship. DHS may also waive previous convictions for human trafficking, narcotics violations, and illegal voting (page 903).
- Increases visa limit: At least 226,000 family-preference visas would be administered each year (page 905).
- Grants fast-tracked green cards for those seeking middle-class careers in America: Language included in the bill exempts certain aliens from the annual green card statutory limits and has been described as a “hidden pipeline for U.S. employers to flood more cheap foreign graduates into millions of middle-class careers needed by American graduates” (page 910).
- Includes pork for Nancy Pelosi: $200 million is earmarked for the Presidio Trust in Speaker Pelosi’s congressional district (page 933).
- Increases energy dependence on OPEC, Russia and China: The bill prohibits several mineral and energy withdrawals (page 979). It overturns provisions included in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that authorized energy production in the Arctic that will result in 130,000 Americans losing their jobs and $440 billion in lost federal revenue (page 983) and the mineral withdrawals it prohibits would, ironically, include minerals necessary for renewable energy sources (pages 934, 940, 943).
- Exacerbates the chip shortage: The bill would mandate the conversion of the entire federal vehicle fleet from internal combustion engines to electric engines at a time when there is a global microchip shortage and crippled supply chains (page 1,043).
- Democrats’ feckless China bill is included: Concepts from the insanely weak Endless Frontier Act included, including $11 billion in research funding that will likely result in American intellectual property going to China (page 1079 - 1081).
- Chases green energy pipe dreams: $264 million to the EPA to conduct research with left-wing environmental justice groups on how to transition away from fossil fuels (page 1063).
- Fixes “racist” roads and bridges: Adds a nearly $4 billion slush fund that would help left-wing grassroots organizations that, among other things, want to tear down and rebuild or otherwise alter infrastructure deemed “racist” (page 1183).
- Punishes red states for failing to adopt Green New Deal provisions: Mandates “consequences” for conservative states that don’t meet the radical Left’s “green” climate standards while at the same time adding nearly $4 billion for “Community Climate Incentive Grants” for cooperating states (page 1179).
- Includes new massive, bankrupting entitlement: The new paid leave entitlement would mandate workers get 12 weeks of paid leave and would cost $500 billion over ten years according to the CBO (page 1245). It would apply to those making up to half a million dollars a year (page 1254).
- Advances a totalitarian and paternalistic view of the federal government: Includes grants for organizations to treat individuals suffering from “loneliness” and “social isolation.”
- Further detaches individuals from employment and more reliant on government handouts: The bill spends $835 billion on welfare through manipulating the tax code [not including the expansions of Obamacare subsidies] (page 1943).
- Tax benefits for the top 1%: The bill will possibly lift the SALT deduction cap meaning many of the top 1% wealthiest Americans would pay less in taxes.
- Tax credit for wealthy donors who give to woke universities: The bill creates a new tax credit program that gives tax credits worth 40% of cash contribution that are made to university research programs (page 2094).
- Expands worst parts of Obamacare: Obamacare’s job-killing employer mandate will become more severe by adjusting the definition of “affordable coverage” to mean coverage that costs no more than 8.5 percent of income rather than current law’s 9.5 percent of income (page 2041).
- Increases taxes on Americans at every income level: $2 trillion in tax hikes will fall on those making under $400,000 per year, contrary to what the White House says. Individuals at all income levels will be affected (Ways and Means GOP).
- Lowers wages for working families: The corporate tax rate will increase by 5.5%, meaning American companies will face one of the highest tax burdens in the world. According to analysis, two-thirds of this tax hike will fall on lower- and middle-income taxpayers (page 2110).
- Penalizes marriage: The bill would permanently double the EITC’s marriage penalty on childless worker benefits (page 2036).
- Imposes crushing taxes on small business: Guts the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act small business deductions that reduced pass-through entity taxes to keep them comparable to taxes imposed on corporations (page 2235) as well as hammer small businesses that file as individual tax earners with the 39.6% rate (page 2221) and Obamacare’s 3.8% tax on net investment income.
- Crushes family businesses and farms: The bill would impose a 25% capital gains rate (page 2226) and makes alterations to the Death Tax including cutting the Death Tax exemption in half (page 2240).
- Violates Americans’ financial privacy: $80 billion slush fund to hire an 87,000-IRS-agent army to carry out the Biden administration’s plan to review every account above a $600 balance or with more than $600 of transactions in a year. (page 2283).
- Increases out of pocket costs for those who rely on prescription drugs: The bill repeals the Trump-era Rebate Rule which passes through rebates directly to consumers at the point of sale (page 2465).
- Imports policies from countries with socialized medicine: The bill includes healthcare policies imported from systems in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom—all countries that have government-run healthcar