Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Selection mysteries


Everything suggest that Bill Cunningham is a nice guy and will adequately represent the voters of the 35th district. I would like to commend the committee for making a solid selection. There still is something that I am not easy with. I think I am speaking for a majority of the residents when I ask exactly who was on this committee and by what right were they picked for the committee when Joe Sixpack from Palos Hills was excluded from serving on the committee?

At the same time news reports indicate that 31 candidates submitted applications. Why hasn't a complete list of all the candidates been released? 
I am not saying that anything wrong occurred but you must admit there does seem to be the appearance of a lack of full disclosure. This information is not nor should it ever be private. The public has a right (some say a duty) to find out what happened. I urge Committeeman O'Shea to publish the answers in a few of the local papers and that will be the end of this issue.