Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Is this judge out of control?


what's going on in NYC now is shockingly similar to the Stalin show trials of the late 1930's


‘I’ll Do That Sacrifice!’ Trump Says He’s Ready to Go to Jail Over His Gag Order After Contempt Ruling

Former President Donald Trump made his usual post-trial statement in Manhattan Monday, but this time, he risked being thrown in jail if he breaks Judge Juan Merchan’s gag order for an eleventh time.

Trump began by denouncing the prosecution’s contention that they would need “two to three more weeks” to present their case, before he railed about the gag order.

“The judge is so happy about two to three more weeks because all they want is to keep me off the campaign trail. That’s all this is about.” Trump continued:

And have the other thing that maybe is even more disgraceful is the gag order, where I can’t, basically, I have to watch every word I tell you people. You ask me a question, a simple question, I’d like to give it but I can’t talk about it because this judge is giving me a gag order and says you’ll go to jail if you violate it. And frankly, you know what? Our Constitution is much more important than jail. It’s not even close. I’ll do that sacrifice any day.

Judge Merchan found Trump in contempt for a tenth time Monday, and added a pointed warning about the possibly he could order the former president to be incarcerated, saying the $1,000 fines he has imposed were not effective.

Merchan’s order read in part:

THEREFORE, Defendant is hereby put on notice that if appropriate and warranted, future violations of its lawful orders will be punishable by incarceration;

and it is hereby ORDERED, that Defendant pay a $1,000 fine for his violation of this Court’s lawful otdet by the close of business on Friday, May 10, 2024;

and it is further ORDERED that if the offending statement has been posted to Defendant’s T’ruth Social account or his official campaign website, it is to be removed by 2:15 pm Monday, May 6, 2024.


“The magnitude of this decision is not lost on me but at the end of the day I have a job to do,” Merchan said in court Monday. “So, as much as I don’t want to impose a jail sanction…I want you to understand that I will if necessary and appropriate.”




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/07/2024

    Your guy is going down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5/07/2024

      You mean Slow Joe

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5/08/2024

      Giggle, No.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5/12/2024

    TRUMP 2024!!

    ReplyDelete