Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Approach

After some thought, brought on by my recent retirement, I have decided to try using a new format for this blog. Instead of daily post(s) about something affecting us, I am going to post something of interest, less frequently. The something of interest will probably be an article about a subject which touches our neighborhood, either directly or indirectly. Something which has in the past or may in the future, affect the way of life that we have in the 19th ward. 

I'm not going to be writing about falling trees, bake sales or the classes being offered by BAC (although all of those are important). Part of what I want to accomplish is to stimulate discussion about changes in society which are somehow being felt here. Some of these changes are well known and some of them are subtle. I think I am helping out the neighborhood by creating awareness. Also, I only have so much time in the day and I certainly don't want to spending it in front of a terminal. 

As always, I will continue to invite serious discussion. Thank you for your support. Murph

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/15/2013

    Love this blog site. Thanks for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/16/2013

    Can we still talk about Tom Hynes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as your are accurate and respectful.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1/18/2013

    Good time to retire they cut the pay for new Chicago laborers to 18.50 an hour!

    http://www.beyond.com/job.asp?id=71639279&aff=AC44BA2E-E3EB-4DBC-8BDB-9FCE01C58B09

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/18/2013

    will you still be selling storm windows and doors at the pulaski location murph,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/18/2013

    Hope you do not abandon this blog...it is necessary and could become very persuasive if marketed...I have sent this link to my email chain ......I can tell that THEY read it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/19/2013

    I am a loyal reader. So, please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3/07/2018

    I do believe it had been compiled by a 10 year old.

    You can find so many grammatical errors and spelling errors,
    it is irritating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3/11/2018

    For example, Mssr.

    ReplyDelete