Wednesday, April 8, 2020

"DO WHAT I SAY"

Rules for thee but not for me: Mayor Lightfoot defends getting haircut under social distancing order

I’m way overdue for a color appointment at the salon. And I won’t be getting one until sometime in May as our mayor has continued our lockdown through the end of April. I’ll survive though. After all, our combined sacrifices are for the good of the public health. Remember, #WereAllInThisTogether.
Also, I’m not “out in the public eye” so I guess it really doesn’t matter if I’m inconvenienced.
Chiraq Mayor Lori Lightfoot: My haircuts will go on
WGN reports that the good mayor of Chiraq, Lori Lightfoot, defended herself while she disobeyed the “social distancing” orders by getting a haircut. From their report: 
“Photos surfaced over the weekend showing the mayor after she got a haircut amid the state’s stay-at-home orders. A woman posted photos on Facebook Sunday saying she “had the pleasure of giving Mayor [Lori] Lightfoot a hair trim.” 
In the photos, the mayor is standing next to the woman and they are not standing six feet apart — plus, neither one was wearing a mask.
“Thank you for all the hard work & dedication put forth to help our city,” the post said. 
Beauty and hair salons are among the many businesses closed to the public amid the statewide orders. 
The mayor was asked about the trim during a press conference Monday. “I’m in the public everyday and candidly, my hair was not looking the way it did,” she said. “I thought I would do it myself but I thought it would be a disaster. So I got a haircut,” she said.
When asked if she was sending mixed messages to Chicagoans, she said she practices what she preaches, but said because she is a public figure, she got the haircut.
“I’m the public face of this city,” she said. “I’m on national media and I’m out in the public eye. I’m a person who takes their personal hygiene very seriously.”
Apparently her stylist wore gloves and a mask so that makes it A-OK for HER. But not for her peons.


9 comments:

  1. Haircut? She really ought to sign up to that show "Complete Makeover" She looks absolutely deplorable for being any big city mayor, let alone Chicago"'s.
    .
    Let's get the mantra out there " One Term for You Larry!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/08/2020

    Typical Elite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/08/2020

    #!*%#!!?#!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/08/2020

    Lori's trimmed Afro doesn't look much different than before. Without a haircut, an Afro will continue upward growth, as long as it's washed, brushed and Afro picked. 🙂

    Billy Preston, Angela Davis, The Jackson Five, Colin Kaepernick and others have/had big or huge Afros. 🙂

    If Lori had long, straight hair like Crystal Gayle, hygiene and safety would definitely be concerns. 😨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4/08/2020

      What part of
      'It started looking nappy" don't you understand. If LL is the Mayor of Chicago she best not be sporting a nappy head of hair. I don't care much for her, but I can't stand a nappy haired politician.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4/08/2020

      Her hair looked fine and wasn't nappy. 😃

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4/08/2020

    Mary Mitchell defends Lori Lightfoot's haircut. (Chicago Sun-Times April 7, 2020) 😝

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4/08/2020

    How about a big blonde wig 👩🏿‍🦰 ?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4/08/2020

      It would still be butt ugly.

      Delete